…One of the lessons that I’ve learned time and time again working with founders—at Broadcast.com, at Yahoo, and now Airbnb—is that you design for the world you want to see and work backwards from there…
What does this mean to you?
Your knowledge of the military backward planning process is used at Yahoo, Airbnb and Broadcast.com.
1. What is your definition of success of actions on the objective?
2. What actions occur on the objective?
3. What is the manpower and resources needed to accomplish the mission?
4. How are you going to address the resource shortfalls with other methods and resources?
5. If success is attained, what are the follow-on objectives or tasks, if any.
6. What are the branches and sequels to your plan?
7. What is the commander’s intent–vision of success and follow-on goals?
8. What is the communication and logistics plan to support actions on the objective.
You, as a veteran, and small or large unit leader have had a significant amount of training and experience. Don’t forget to merchandise this about yourself.
Joe Frankie III – I am a former warfighter and logistician serving a full career in the U.S. Army. I do executive recruiting and coaching on how to land, pivot, change sectors, get promoted and or better merchandise yourself using LinkedIn.